Eric was recently interviewed on WZZM 13 here in Grand Rapids about making sure a vehicle is ready for fall and the winter months.
Main points of the interview:
Get your vehicle a safety inspection ASAP. The reason Eric urges you to do this right away is in case there is a list of safety items that needs to be addressed. We can help you prioritize the repairs needed and by the time snow starts falling you can be ready to go!
- Tires. They are the number one item to keep your car or truck on the road. Reliable tires are necessary to make sure you can safely stop, especially in inclement weather.
- Check the coolant (along with other fluids). Certainly we don’t want any engine to ever freeze. It is going to get really cold. Most engines will go through the summer months with no problem, even with inadequate anti-freeze protection but, as soon as the winter and cold weather gets here, that is when you are going to see an issue if that has been neglected.
- Check the battery to make sure it is in good shape. Batteries have a lot more stress on them when the temperature drops.
- Replace windshield wipers to make sure visibility isn’t compromised.
- Check heating system, to make it is performing well enough to keep drivers comfortable and defrost windows.
- Check brakes, to make sure they are in safe working order.
- Check and replace, if needed, exterior and brake lights to make sure other drivers can see you and you can see where you are going
If you have questions about the safety of your vehicle, give us a call! We’re happy to make sure you and your family safe on the road this fall and winter. At Ervine’s and Grand Rapids Hybrid we have free loaner cars help ease the inconvenience of being without your vehicle while repairs are made. 616-532-6600
Chelsea Vives: Awesome service!! They were extremely helpful and friendly! I loved how they were accommodating to the customers and being very organized with after hours drop-offs and pick-ups. They were also very quick with fixing my car which was great.
Andy Krafft: Ervine's has provided great service for me throughout my college years! They do their best to make time for customers and understand the importance and value in quality service. Would definitely recommend!
Erin O'Brien-Jenison: The staff is very friendly. The technicians take the time to explain repairs in detail. The loaner car service is very convenient for my family. Each of my experiences with Ervine's has been very positive.
Jamie Riehle: My car needed a lot of work and being relatively new to the area, I had to rely on online reviews. Ervine's got great feedback, so I made an appointment through their website. I was contacted almost immediately and scheduled very quickly. The repairs took a few days, but with the free loaner it was no big deal. They explained everything to me, helped me prioritize which repairs to do first, and Jamie even entertained my 5-year-old while I spent 10 minutes on the phone with my bank to get my payment to go through. I may have been able to find someplace a little cheaper, but you can't pay for the excellent customer service at Ervine's. The lobby is clean, has fresh coffee, and is very professional. As a woman I've been intimidated going into car shops but I never felt that way at Ervine's. I'll definitely be returning.
Kaitlin McDowell: I had a great experience at Ervine's. I know very little about my car beyond turning it on, so I was relieved when the staff were willing to spend extra time explaining to me exactly what is going on and helping me to be an informed consumer. I also appreciated that they are not trying to sell something-- I did not actually need the repair that the dealership had told me to IMMEDIATELY deal with, and the folks at Ervine's were willing to tell me that when they could have made a buck doing the repair. The visit was so painless I even got to run errands while I was waiting using one of their fabulous loaner cars. Thank you so much!