Eric was recently interviewed on WZZM 13 here in Grand Rapids about making sure a vehicle is ready for fall and the winter months.
Main points of the interview:
Get your vehicle a safety inspection ASAP. The reason Eric urges you to do this right away is in case there is a list of safety items that needs to be addressed. We can help you prioritize the repairs needed and by the time snow starts falling you can be ready to go!
- Tires. They are the number one item to keep your car or truck on the road. Reliable tires are necessary to make sure you can safely stop, especially in inclement weather.
- Check the coolant (along with other fluids). Certainly we don’t want any engine to ever freeze. It is going to get really cold. Most engines will go through the summer months with no problem, even with inadequate anti-freeze protection but, as soon as the winter and cold weather gets here, that is when you are going to see an issue if that has been neglected.
- Check the battery to make sure it is in good shape. Batteries have a lot more stress on them when the temperature drops.
- Replace windshield wipers to make sure visibility isn’t compromised.
- Check heating system, to make it is performing well enough to keep drivers comfortable and defrost windows.
- Check brakes, to make sure they are in safe working order.
- Check and replace, if needed, exterior and brake lights to make sure other drivers can see you and you can see where you are going
If you have questions about the safety of your vehicle, give us a call! We’re happy to make sure you and your family safe on the road this fall and winter. At Ervine’s and Grand Rapids Hybrid we have free loaner cars help ease the inconvenience of being without your vehicle while repairs are made.