The fall season is upon us and the weather is rapidly changing from the summer warmth to colder conditions. Driving in certain weather conditions can be unpredictable, which is why we recommend that you are always prepared for anything that may happen while driving.
Here are some items that we suggest keeping in your trunk at all times during the fall season:
- Spare tire, jack, and wrench - a flat tire can happen unexpectedly, and the cold air causes the air pressure in our tires to compress and become lower. This can cause blowouts or flats on the road, so being prepared to change a tire is essential. Be sure to have the necessities and read up on how to change a tire if you aren't informed about how to do so already.
- Gloves and jackets - sometimes the cold weather can hit hard, especially at night. It's always a good idea to pack a few extra gloves and jackets in your trunk. Trust us, you'll probably need them!
- Emergency flares - flares are a great safety item to keep in your trunk for emergencies. Especially driving at night, if you have a flat or an accident occurs, having a flare handy to alert other drivers on the road can protect everyone's safety.
- First aid kit - a first aid kit is something every car should have on hand at all times in the trunk. You never know when you might need one, whether you are in an accident or find yourself injured in some way.
- Jumper cables - jumper cables are always important to have on hand. You never know when you may find yourself with a dead battery or need to help a friend or family member in need.
- Cell phone charger - having a spare cell phone charger can be a lifesaver when you need it.
All of the items listed above can definitely come in handy this fall season. If your vehicle ever needs a service or inspection, be sure to give the professionals a call here at Ervine's & Grand Rapids Hybrid for expectional service.