Today is Earth Day - It's the day when many people around the world plant a tree, invest in a reusable coffee cup or pick up garbage at a local park.
We think all of these are great ways to celebrate Earth Day, but we also have many green practices being used on a daily basis at Ervine's Auto Repair and Grand Rapids Hybrid
- We use a paperless shop management system which easily saves 100 or more pieces of paper each day.
- We help customers maintain their vehicles in good condition so they will experience increases in fuel economy as well as reduced emissions. Also, by properly maintaining a vehicle, it lasts much longer, reducing the need to manufacture another vehicle, a huge saving in resources!
- We service eco-friendly cars such as hybrid and electric vehicles.
- We purchase shop supplies in bulk and use refillable dispensers instead of single use containers.
- We recycle MANY things: car batteries, beverage containers, card board, scrap metal, old tires, waste oil, coolant and other vehicle fluids, office supplies and shop supplies.
- We purchase recycled paper for the little printing we do.
- two of our six loaner vehicles are hybrids and we hope to add more to the fleet of hybrid loaners.
- We use eco-friendly cleaning supplies.
- We have all LED lights in the office and the shop.
- We do not use paper plates or plastic silverware. Our kitchen is stocked with dishes and silverware for all employees to use to reduce waste.
We work in an industry that can seem not-so green, but we're doing our part to be as earth-friendly as we can be!